Families are always looking for some late-afternoon or evening family-friendly fun while vacationing here in beautiful Myrtle Beach. While we encourage our guests to spend as much time as possible at the free Sands Resort Waterpark and our pristine white sand beaches, the entire family will undoubtedly have the time of their lives at the annual Horry County Fair. The Horry County Fair is entering just its fourth year at Myrtle Beach Speedway, which may surprise some. This growing event gets bigger and better every year as they continue to expand and innovate. Sands Resorts, one of the largest oceanfront Myrtle Beach resorts, is an easy 11-mile drive from Myrtle Beach Speedway, so the kids won’t have to wait too long for tasty fair food, exhilarating rides, and amusing entertainment. Here are five reasons why you need to visit the Horry County Fair this April.
Reasons to Visit the Horry County Fair
1. Unlimited Ride Bands – Ride bands can cost a small fortune at most state and county fairs, but the Horry County Fair is known for their inexpensive prices. For just $25 per person, you can hop aboard as many rides as your heart desires. The Ferris Wheel is a popular ride after dark as the fairgrounds become a beautiful meld of bright colors and flashing lights with the heartwarming sounds of laughter. The “Cliffhanger” was a crowd-favorite ride last year, as well as the Sky Flyer, Zero Gravity, and Musik Express.
2. Pig Races – The Horry County Fair is becoming known for their exciting and amusing pig races. These intelligent and highly-sociable pigs aren’t your average hogs. The nail-biting races are often one of the main highlights for youngsters and adults alike.
3. The Food – It’s nearly impossible to visit any type of fair without trying at least one rare delicacy. Word of mouth usually spreads around the fairgrounds about which unique concoctions are worth a try. The red velvet funnel cake and fried Oreos were hits last year, but you’ll always be able to find homemade corn dogs, loaded fries, tasty cotton candy, and an abundance of wild creations.
4. Character Meet and Greets – There aren’t many things that could pull your kids away from our kid-friendly Myrtle Beach resorts, but the opportunity to meet a beloved television character is one. Pose for photos with Darth Vader, the Paw Patrol, Olaf Snowman, and Mickey Mouse in-between carnival rides!
5. Petting Zoo – The petting zoo at the Horry County Fair gets bigger and better each year. The baby goats are always a hit for the kids, as are the massive camels. You’ll also be able to meet friendly pigs, large cattle, and even a small colony of dogs from the Grand Strand Humane Society who are in need of a home.
Premier Myrtle Beach Resorts
There are nearly a dozen more reasons to visit the Horry County Fair, including free parking, live music, and a $5 admission fee! Before your evening at the fair, remember to splash, float, and sunbathe at our free Myrtle Beach water park. When you choose Sands Resorts, you’ll always be steps from a day at the beach. We also have a wide variety of unbeatable Myrtle Beach packages for golfers at Sand Dunes Resort. After a full day of beach relaxation, waterpark excitement, and fair rides, retreat to one of the most luxurious suites in Myrtle Beach at Sands Resorts!